The Horse Shoe Inn – an early view
The Horse Shoe Drinking Mug
The fine Victorian drinking mug, shown below, is engraved with the name of the ‘Horse Shoe Inn, Lavendon’. It was made by George Farmiloe & Sons who were working pewterers 1876-1940 in London with an address at 34 St John Street, London EC1. It is marked with a ‘Pint’ measure and has among other marks a verification stamp VR/114 signifying a ‘standards’ check carried out in Buckingham County.